Thursday, September 11, 2008

You ask Why?

I'll tell you why.   Due to the...uh...testosterone I married, every night in my house will undoubtedly consist of ESPN or other such sports related television.   I do like sports.  I myself am a college athlete, but lets be honest...there are other things to be done.  Many other things.
So...while the well rounded, all knowing announcers and reporters ramble on about which ever and whatever...I do these other things.
Being female, I am able to multitask and multi-think.  That means that it doesn't matter what other things I do, I will hear them.  These astute men (and sometimes women) have become an unwanted part of our family room decoration. I'll always hear what's going on in the wide and wild world of sports.  They have become a fixed background noise.
Throughout these lovely 4 years of marriage I have come to realize an astounding fact:
I have an opinion about something I don't want to have an opinion about!

There it is!  The background noise has taken liberty and stuffed itself into the "my opinions" box of my brain.  I didn't want it to happen.  I didn't know it could.  
It did.
So yeah!  I have an opinion about that!
 
As for the name of this blog...
I usually make an uproar when the sports stations are "between season" (meaning:  nothing is really going on right now so we have to make stuff up)  or the inbox is empty...no more to report on (thus, they make things up)
Now, when I say make things up...I don't mean really.  I mean they make a small and very irrelevant, insignificant, down right dumb story into something...worth reporting.  And yet, while they report, the story isn't worth reporting.
Many times they go for days reporting on the same unworthy subject.  AGH!  The agony.
THAT's WHy I'm HERE!
To give my opinion on the so what's, why's and who really care's stories.
Like T.O.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Can't wait for this...... :)

Karlie said...

lol! You are great... thanks for voicing how many of us feel. :)