Saturday, January 3, 2009

LAME-O!

"I hate it.  So much!"  I said as I slapped my knee.   
It's head-shaking worthy.   

I am a Colts fan, mainly cause I like the Manning brothers.  Last night I watched the playoff game between the Colts and the Chargers.

Great game!  Fun and exciting and right down to the wire, just the way I like em'.   

Except...

OVERTIME RULES.   ARRGH!

 It all comes down to a coin flip.  How does that prove the talent and 'deserving-ness' of a team?    If you WIN the coin flip, you will most likely WIN the game.  
Who thought of this sudden death thing anyway?  NO chance for revenge.  NO chance to come back.  NO chance to match.  NO chance to show your equality.  

There they were, those chargers, CHARGING down the field in sudden death overtime.  If the Colts could not stop a score, then it would be all over.  Now, granted, the Colts made a lot of mistakes that last bit BUT still... 
The Chargers scored and the Colts just sat there.  Nothing more they could do.  
ARGH!
  I think I would hate it even if it was my team who had won.  
Where is the equal opportunity? 
Guess the NFL doesn't have everything right...
(I like how they have playoffs to get to the super bowl.  Just like college football should forget BCS and do a playoff.  Much more exciting.  Much more opportunity.)
So.  There it is.  
LAME-O. 

No comments: